Tell Your Friends
Are you participating in the Tour de Tinnitus as a walker or a donor? Make sure to let your friends know that you're supporting our riders, and supporting more tinnitus education and research! Copy and paste the following updates in your own social media accounts and share with the world how you're making a difference.
I just made a donation to the 2014 Tour de TInnitus. Please join me as we raise resources for tinnitus research and support. Together, we can silence tinnitus. http://walk.ata.org/teams/tour-de-tinnitus
I'm supporting the 2014 Tour de #Tinnitus. Please join me & @ATA_1971 as we raise resources for a cure. http://walk.ata.org/teams/tour-de-tinnitus
I just made a donation to the 2014 Tour de Tinnitus. Please join me as we raise resources for tinnitus research and support. Together, we can silence tinnitus. http://walk.ata.org/teams/tour-de-tinnitus
Getting Your Friends Involved
Are you interested in fundraising for the ATA Tour de Tinnitus? One of the easiest ways to increase the resources dedicated to tinnitus research and support is by asking your friends, colleagues and loved ones to contribute. Sometimes, all you need to do is ask! Here are a few important tips for encouraging others to contribute to our cause.
- All fundraising is personal and every dollar makes a difference.
- If you ask many will give and some will say no. A no does not indicate judgement. It indicates circumstance and preference at this time.
- Start sooner rather than later. It takes time for people to review your request and respond.
- Set a goal and raise it if needed. You will find that people want to help and support what is important to you.
- Consider using all of your connections. Family, friends, neighbors, work colleagues, church members, social clubs and social media are just a few of the many possibilities.
- Share the reason why raising money for tinnitus is important to you.
- Remember to thank everyone and report back how the event did as well.